Duties & Responsibilities
A small consortium of experienced regional hospitality investors launching a contemporary sky bar concept opening at a new prime rooftop location on Phnom Penh’s riverside. We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and positive minded candidate with strong leadership and communication skills to fulfill a General Manager position, facilitate a successful launch and establish the venue as the first choice sky bar location for Phnom Penh’s Khmer, expat and tourist market.
- Hiring and training of staff to provide excellent service to customers.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving challenges to ensure that the bar is optimally staffed during peak operating hours.
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as ensuring that we have necessary operating licences, negotiating supplier contracts, controlling inventory, ordering supplies, managing budgets and setting goals.
- Conduct effective and impactful daily, weekly and monthly meetings with employee team members to drive optimal performance.
- Ensuring licences are updated and compliant with current legislation.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Ensure the highest standard of food & beverages are delivered to customers.
- Maintain exceptional bar and kitchen hygiene standards with disciplined operational processes.
- Ensure that all operating assets are proactively well-maintained and aesthetically pleasing.
- Coordinate and schedule highly appealing customer entertainment and ensure optimal bar ambience.
- Maintain close & effective control of cash handling, payment collection, inventory and expenditure.
- Planning and implementing commercially lucrative promotional events.
- Diffusing difficult/tense situations between customers to ensure the safety of employees and customers, and avoid legal issues.
- Cultivating and maintaining an enjoyable and safe atmosphere for customers.
- Build goodwill, loyalty and word of mouth endorsement from customers through the delivery of personable and positively differentiated customer experience.
- Plan regular team building activities.
- Build exceptional team work ethic, through consistent support, constructive feedback, acknowledgement of contribution, guidance and leadership for employees.
- Communicate effectively, transparently and regularly to shareholders on performance, initiatives for business development and support requirements.
Qualification & Requirements
- Cambodian nationality
- High School Diploma
- University education preferred but not essential Bar or restaurant management experience
- Keen understanding of the service needs of the Khmer emerging middle-class, expatriate and higher-spending tourist customer markets.
- Strong understanding of business management
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent computer, problem solving and customer service skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations and resolve conflicts
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources Decisive
- Passion for delivering exceptional hospitality personal professional development and self learning
- Physically fit and able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Address House No. 26, St. 302, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang 1, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Salary Offering Scale Negotiable
- Experience Level Manager
- Years of Experience 5