Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Architect is in charge of overseeing timely and profitable completion of a project, also help coordinate the work-team, consult with clients, and draw design. This will need to develop project cost estimates, review construction bids and contracts, coordinate implementation of capital improvement projects, administer agreements with consultant architects and engineers, act as lead worker and perform related work as required.
- Working independently or with consultant architects/engineers, designs and prepares plans and specifications, develops cost estimates, and coordinates implementation of capital improvement projects, oversees the work and administers consultant construction.
- Develops construction bid proposals, reviews bid specifications, recommends contract approval and administers contracts with consultant architects and engineers.
- Participates in final inspection of improvement projects and makes recommendation regarding acceptance of construction work.
- May review building plans and site design for aesthetics, environmental acceptability, compliance with codes and standards and accessibility requirements.
- Prepares reports and correspondence.
- Designs projects and/or review architectural or engineering plans, specifications and contract documents to ensure compliance with government codes, laws and regulations.
- Advises Subcontractors on the interpretation of plans, recommends changes when necessary.
- Prepares and/or review preliminary designs, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates related to the project.
- Provides technical expertise in development or review of policies and procedures in relation to architectural structures and systems and construction/safety codes.
- Provides advice and develop design documents to initiate and modify architectural, interior design and space planning solutions.
- Performs design drafting including preliminary drawings, working drawings and full detail drawings for architectural, structural and mechanical works associated with building construction or improvement projects.
- Reviews Subcontractor’s shop drawings to ensure compliance with specifications and contract agreements by checking them for technical accuracy according to accepted guidelines.
- Works with customers and Clients to gather facts, defines design and space planning problems, conceptualize possible solutions and secure approvals of proposals.
- Collaborates and energizes the design team to develop solutions to design problems.
- Originates and develops creative design concepts and design documents in all phases.
- Using computer programs such as AutoCAD Architecture, 3D Studio MAX, Sketch up Pro., V-Ray Plug-in,
- Adobe Creative Suites at Very good level or higher.
- Supports the resolution of design solutions during the construction documents and construction administration phases.
- Collaborates with project team to ensure design intent and conformance to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may participate in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Interest and/ or engagement in industry groups to develop specialized knowledge.
- Presentations at conferences and client related activities.
Supports the marketing and business development activities when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Proven track record with 3 year experience plus 5 year experience in leading designer team.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be confident, assertive and independent.
- Possesses intermediate knowledge of applicable codes, and implications on design.
- Demonstrated success in taking projects through design review process.
- Ability to discuss and debate philosophical design issues and solve complex project issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the client, project stakeholders and project team in an integrated design process.
- Advanced design, visual and graphic presentation skills required.
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Project Delivery methods, preferable.
- Proficiency with physical models.
- Advanced ability to work in team environment and supervise others.
- Advanced ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and manage design team efforts to effectively meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skill in English and attention to detail.
- Understand CMEDCC Management philosophy.
- Address #252-254, Street 63 Conner Street 400, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Salary Offering Scale Negotiable
- Experience Level Senior
- Years of Experience 5